Last night, the new release of NSX-T, now Version 2.5, dropped.
There are quite a few updates in this release, below I will highlight some of the major ones, but before coming to these, please keep in mind to double check the Upgrade Checklist first.
The Checklist can be found here:
Now, here are the Highlights:
- L2 Networking Features: Increase NSX MTU size to 9100 bytes, MTU/VLAN health-check, Guest Inter-VLAN routing
- L3 Networking Features: Tier-1 placement in based on Failure Domain, BGP Enhancements, DHCP Relay on CSP, Bulk API for NAT Rules
- IPv6: Routing/Forwarding and Security features
- Edge Platform support for Mellanox ConnectX-4 & ConnectX-4 LX on Bare metal Edge Nodes
- Firewall Features: L7 AppID support on KVM, Edge Firewall, FQDN & URL filtering Enhancements, IDFW enhancements to support Windows AD 2016
- Service Insertion Features: Support Packet Copy, Per Host SVM Deployment, Partner Notification support for N-S Service Insertion
- End Point Protection: Linux support
- Load Balancing Features: Logging Enhancements, Health-check Enhancements, SSL enhancement to support ECC
- VPN Features: IPSec VPN on Tier-1 Gateway, ECC support, easy configuration of compliance suite
- Automation, CMP & Openstack Features: Openstack support for Steins and Rocky, Policy API for Neutron and additional openstack enhancements
- NSX Cloud Features: Native Cloud Enforced mode of operation, visibility and security for cloud native services
- Operations Enhancements : vSphere HA support for NSX Manager, SNMPv3 support, logging enhancements
- Platform Features: FIPS certified, enhancements to password management
- NSX Intelligence: Analytics platform for visibility and security
The full release Notes can be found here:
The Download can be found here:
I will try to tinker with it myself in the homelab, as soon as I get the chance – I’ll keep you posted 🙂
Last but not least: Thanks to the BU and everyone involved in this release.
One thought on “Just released: NSX-T 2.5”